The Municipality of Furesø
The Municipality of Furesø has a population of approximately 41.070 people. The municipality of Furesø consists of Farum and Værløse, which joined together as Furesø muncipality in January 1, 2007.
The muncipality has a lot to offer whether you live or work here. Furesø is situated in the midst of picturesque scenery: green forests, blue lakes, local beach, splendid architecture and good transport connections.
The Municipality of Furesø is governed by mayor Ole Bondo Christensen and a municipal council of 21 elected politicians.
Citizens' Services ("Borgerservice") is your point of entry to the municipality of Furesø. You can find Borgerservice in both Værløse og Farum, but only Værløse offers help with identification papers of likewise. You can find contact information and visiting hours on www.furbib.dk
The Responsibilities of The Municipality
- Daycare and kindergartens for children
- Primary schools for children from the age of 7 to 17 years
- Libraries, local sports facilities and other cultural activities
- Homes for elderly people and in-home care for those who live by themselves
- Certain social benefits such as payment of cash assistance and pensions
- Integration of refugees and immigrants
- Job activation and employment projects for the unemployed
- Public utilities, environmental measures and emergency services
Furesø municipality is a part of the Copenhagen Region. If you seek to establish a new headquarter for your business, follow this link and see where to establish your new headquarter
Sprogcenter Furesø is a danish language school owned by Furesø Kommune and appointed by the Ministry of Refugee, Immigration and Integration Affairs. We offer courses in danish as a second language for foreigners in Furesø Kommune as well as for foreigners from other municipalities.
In addition to the language teaching programme, including various and frequent mid-term tests and final proficiency tests, our courses also introduce danish culture, society, labour market, educational system and democratic traditions.